VSE is the ultimate specialist in advanced, innovative steering and suspension solutions enabling users to obtain sustainable returns from transport equipment. VSE has been a trusted name in the automotive world since 1985 and since 2021 has been part of the Hübner Group. HÜBNER employs more than 3,500 people worldwide. In addition to its headquarters in Kassel (Germany), HÜBNER has set up more than 30 branches around the world in recent decades.
Besides developing and selling progressive (safety-critical) systems for the on-road market (trucks, trailers, busses and coaches), VSE also focus on developing related systems for the off-road market (agricultural, mining and industrial vehicles). Both nationally and internationally, we cooperate with and develop systems for the major truck and trailer manufacturers. For our Engineering department we are looking for an
Following an intensive induction and training period within the company and especially in the R&D department, you will be responsible for all work related to integration- and functional testing of embedded software with the purpose to assess quality and identify improvements. You are responsible for the analysis, reporting and communication of test results on all assigned projects. You will work in a multidisciplinary environment and be supported by an experienced team of embedded (automotive) software colleagues.
· Go through the software requirements and get clarifications on one’s doubts.
· Become familiar with the software under test and any other software related to it.
· Become familiar with test requirements related to the appropriate functional safety standard.
· Provide input for the project test plan.
· Create test plans and generate test designs and test cases based on the requirements and other documents.
· Estimation of required test effort and log own time.
· Set up the required test beds (hardware, software and network).
· Create and assist in test automation.
· Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
· Report and track defects found during test case execution.
· Create test logs and report test results to the stakeholders
· Reproduce bugs found in the field by customers and provide input to find the root cause.
· Maintain and update both manual and automated test cases based on new and changed product functionality.
· Support the development team with testing tasks as required.
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject Job requirements
· Proven working experience in software testing and software quality assurance
· Experience working in an Agile and/or V-model development process
· Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
· Experience with automated testing tools, python is a plus.
· Experience with Matlab/Simulink is a plus.
· Experience with functional safety e.g. ISO26262 or IEC61508 is a plus.
· Experience with C is a plus.
· Experience with CAN protocols is a plus.
· Experience with software test approached like ISTQB or TMAP Next is a plus.
What VSE is offering
This is a 12 Month fulltime contract to start with a view to go permanent after 12 months. VSE offers you a varied job as part of a professional and internationally-oriented organization where you will enjoy many challenges in the coming years. Your abilities and efforts will be amply rewarded with an appropriate salary level and good benefits VSE invests heavily in its employees and offers employees many opportunities to be successful in their field.
Do you see yourself as a good fit for this profile? If so, we invite you to respond before 5 June 2022 You can send your CV and motivation to [email protected] For more information please contact Ron Hanegraaf (Teamlead Software Testing) or Petra van Brakel (HR Manager) by phone on +31(0)318-545744 (during office hours). We look forward to meeting you and also answering all your questions about working with us.